HOW TO GET TO VILA REAL
The City of Vila Real is capital of the district of Vila Real, located in the North Region, sub-region of Douro and in the former province of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro, being capital of the province of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro.
The city of Vila Real is located 150 km from the Spanish border, it is served, in terms of accessibility, by:
- A4 – The A4 connects Porto to the west and Bragança and Spain to the northeast, forming an integral part of the E82 European Road.
- A24 – The A24 allows the connection to Chaves (and from there to the border with Galicia, Spain) to the north and to Viseu to the south, corresponding to the route of IP 3 (Main Itinerary nº 3), which extends along the in the form of an expressway to Coimbra, from where it continues along the highway (A 14) to Figueira da Foz, thus constituting a north-south crossing corridor through the interior of the country.
- A7 – The A7 allows an indirect connection to the Minho region (Braga, Guimarães, Vila Nova de Famalicão…) from the connection to the A24 in Vila Pouca de Aguiar, ending next to the city of Póvoa de Varzim. It is an integral part of the E805 European Road.
main distance to vila real
- Vila Real – Aeroporto Francisco Sá Carneiro Portugal – 100 km.
- Vila Real – Porto Portugal – 85 km.
- Vila Real – Lisboa Portugal – 411 km.
- Vila Real – Braga Portugal – 100 km.
- Vila Real – Chaves Portugal – 68 km (Entrada por Verín que vem de Espanha 90 km ate Vila Real).
- Vila Real – Bragança Portugal – 120 km (Entrada por Quintanilha que vem de Espanha 130 km ate Vila Real).
- Vila Real – Viseu Portugal – 90 km (Entrada por Vilar Formoso que vem de Espanha 203 km ate Vila Real).
- Vila Real – Vigo Espanha – 217 km.
- Vila Real – Ourense Espanha – 157 km.
- Vila Real – Madrid Espanha – 520 km.
HOW TO GET TO VILA REAL
From Spain you can came by car or bus.
From other country, the better way to get to Vila Real is by plane to Lisbon or Oporto International Airports. We recommend Porto, since the connection to Vila Real is easier from Porto. It takes about 2 hours to reach Vila Real by Inter-City bus (www.rede-expressos.pt).
From Porto Airoport to Porto Bus Station
- At the airport, take the Purple (Portuguese Roxa) Underground line (towards Estádio do Dragão) and go straight to Campo 24 de Agosto, where the bus station is located.
- At the airport, take the Purple (Portuguese Roxa) Underground line (towards Estádio do Dragão) and go straight to Trindade. Take the Yellow (Portuguese Amarela) Underground line and go straight to the University Hub (Portuguese Polo Universitario).
- Subway/Underground ride (30 minutes): Charge the Andante: Z4 occasional title; 2 euros. (https://www.metrodoporto.pt)
- Rede Expressos bus in Porto (Campo 24 de Agosto/Polo Universitario) that goes to Vila Real bus station. There are several times per day.
For example: On Wednesday the 18th of May the first bus leaves at 7 am from Campo 24 de Agosto (Porto) and passes at 7:15 am Polo Universitario and the last one leaves at 9:15 pm. For the return on Friday the 25th, the last bus leaves Castelo Branco at 7:00 pm and on Saturday the first leaves at 6:30 am and the last at 5:30 pm.
The journey lasts between 1h30-1h45 and costs €10.00. Buying a return ticket costs €19.00 (https://email@example.com/tel: (+351) 217524524).
From Lisbon Airoport to Lisbon Bus Station
- Bus station in Sete Rios Arriving at Lisbon airport, you can take the Subway/Underground Red Line to São Sebastião and change to the Blue line towards Reboleira, exiting at Jardim Zoológico (https://www.metrolisboa.pt/viajar/planear-a-viagem/?idi=55&idf=8&d=22-04-2019&h=1530&ao_noptimize=1) or by bus number 2 from Aerobus to Sete Rios (https://www.aerobus.pt/pt-PT/Pagina-Inicial.aspx). Then take the bus in Rede Expressos towards Vila Real.
- Oriente Bus and Train Station Arriving at Lisbon airport you can go by subway/underground Red Line to Oriente Station where you can take the train towards Porto-São Bento Train Station. (https://www.cp.pt/sites/passageiros/pt/consultar-horarios/horarios-resultado#!).
- Porto You can take the bus at Campo 24 de Agosto or Polo Universitario. In São Bento Train Station you can walk to Campo 24 de Agosto (15-20 min); Bus 303 to Campo 24 de Agosto (10 min); Subway/Underground Yellow line to Trindade and then Orange line to Campo 24 de Agosto (10 min). If you prefer, you can take the subway/undergroung Yellow line and go straight to the University Center (Polo Universitario).